New surface requires preparation such as removal of dust, dirt and foreign matter. Case of cracks, voids & damages it should be in just-wet condition, prior to putty application.
Old Unpainted Surface:
All loose material, organic growth, dirt, dust, etc. must be removed with steel blade or wire brush. Surface should be in just-wet condition, prior to putty application.
Very Rough Surface (more than 8 mm depth):
If surface plaster was rough, 1st apply white cement / white cement mortar and level the surface. Cure the surface for 2 days, before starting putty coat. Surface should be in just-wet condition, prior to putty application.
- Just-wet condition could be achieved by applying coat of water with soft brush.
- * In case of wall exposed to sun, more water spraying shall be done to take away heat from the surface and then bring wall to just-wet condition.
PREPARATION OF VINAL WALL PUTTY MF PASTE:
- Mix Vinal Wall Putty MF slowly @25-28% water by Weight to prepare paste of desired consistency.
- Mix vigorously for 5-10 minutes for making lump free and uniform paste, as shown.
- Product should be mixed in such quantities that it could be used within 45 minutes of its preparation.
- Mixing could be done manually or by suitable electric mixer.
- Maximum two coats (layers) of Vinal Wall Putty MF
- Minimum thickness of 1ST coat (layer) 3 to 4 mm.
- Maximum thickness of 2nd coat (layer) 3 to 4 mm.
- Total thickness can go up to 10 mm In 2 layers.
- Approximate achievable coverage is 4-5 sqft. /kg/3mm however, actual coverage achieved depends on surface condition.
- Allow to dry completely. To get extra smooth finish apply two coat of Vinal Wall Putty SF maximum up to 1 mm total thickness.
- Allow complete dry. Paint could be done after complete drying of putty normally after 3 days.
- Clean application tools with clean water.
- Surface shall be plastered OR made with cementitious material & totally clean.
- Surface shall be moderately rough (Neither too – rough nor too- rough nor too –smooth).
- Surface shall be just – wet.
- Apply first coat.
- Use spatula /blade / trowel on the wall with “bottom to top” configuration.
- Apply second coat preferably after @ 8 hrs in hot season & after overnight in cold season second coat if needed to be applied “horizontally” to even out.
- Re-mix putty paste again for @ 1 minute, if it is left un-disturbed for @ 30 minutes.
- Although Vinal Wall Putty MF do not contain any toxic material, use rubber gloves while mixing.
- Precaution should be taken to avoid dust inhalation while handling putty powder or during removal of application marks with fine emery paper-say wearing nose mask.
- Keep the product out of reach of children.
- Once putty paste has hardened, it shall not be used by adding water.
WETTING ONLY, NO CURING:
Usual curing with lot of water is not needed. Keeping in view the ambient temperature, need based wetting is recommended.
- Just-wet the surface, prior to putty application
- After applying first coat wet the surface gently.
- After application of second coat, wet the surface twice a day for at least one day, if season demands it. Water shall be applied gently.
SALIENT FEATURES OF VINAL WALL PUTTY MF:
- We do not recommend mixing of pigments /stainer in Vinal Wall Putty MF.
- Quality of painted surface is directly proportional to quality of un-painted surface. Vinal Wall Putty MF renders ideal condition for economic application of Vinal Wall Putty SF which can then be painted.
- Lustrous white and matt surface which can be left as it is.
- Life of Vinal Wall Putty MF is as long as the life of grey cement plaster underneath.
- It prevents growth of algae and fungus on wall.
- Textured finish can be obtained by us of texturing tools.
- As prevalent in case of other non-cement putties, primer application is not recommended before Vinal Wall Putty MF application. This saves cost.
- Store Vinal Wall Putty MF in a dry place.
- Open the bag just before use.
- 20 Kg, 40 Kg laminated P.P. bag.
TEST RESULTS OF VINAL WALL PUTTY MF:
- Pot life 115 minutes
- Whiteness 87-88 %
- Autoclave expansion Nil
- Workability good.